If you are visiting this page it is because you have completed your Private Investigator or Security Guard training in Ontario. Congratulations you are that much closer to getting licensed. In Ontario the steps to obtaining your Private Investigator License or Security Guard license are easy. It is basically three steps:
- You take an accredited Private Investigator or Security Guard Training Course and complete all modules. (If you have not already taken our training you can purchase any course from our website.)
- You complete the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services (M.C.S.C.S.) form 008-0148E also known as the Private Security and Investigative Services Branch Consent and Release of Liability Form Regarding Training. Once you complete the form you will send it to your training provider and they can apply for a completion number on your behalf.
- Once you have the completion number you can schedule your exam with SERCO, once you write and then pass the exam you can apply to become a licensed Private Investigator or Security Guard with the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services (M.C.S.C.S.
To complete step two you can click on the link below to download the form. All required fields must be completed, if you have taken your training with our agency the training entity is The Smith Investigation Agency Inc.
There are two ways to complete the form:
- You can use online software to electronically complete and sign the document.
- You can print the document and legibly complete all fields.
The middle name section must be completed if you do not have a middle name you can place N/A in its field. Please be sure to double-check the form for any errors as once the form has been sent to SERCO the wait times can be lengthy if corrections are needed.