If you’ve reached this page, it means you’ve successfully completed your Private Investigator or Security Guard training in Ontario. Congratulations, you’re now one step closer to obtaining your license. In Ontario, the process for acquiring your Private Investigator License or Security Guard license involves three straightforward steps:
- Complete an accredited Private Investigator or Security Guard Training Course: Ensure you’ve successfully finished all modules. If you still need training, courses are available for purchase on our website.
- Submit form 008-0148E (Private Security and Investigative Services Branch Consent and Release of Liability Form Regarding Training): After completion, send the form to your training provider, who will apply for a completion number on your behalf.
- Schedule and pass the exam with SERCO: Once you obtain the completion number, schedule your exam with SERCO. Upon successfully passing the exam, you can apply to become a licensed Private Investigator or Security Guard.
To assist you with step two, you can download the required form by clicking the link below. Ensure all fields are completed accurately. If you completed the Private Investigator training course, the training entity is “The Smith Investigation Agency Inc. If you completed the Security Guard training course, the training entity is “Smith Security Inc.”
You have two options for completing the form:
- Use online software to fill and sign the document electronically.
- Print the document and legibly complete all fields.
Ensure the middle name section is filled out; if you don’t have a middle name, you can use ‘N/A.’ Double-check the form for errors, as corrections after submission to SERCO may result in lengthy wait times.